Are you ready? Most business owners aren’t, but they should be. It’s time to leave all those New Year’s Resolutions behind and create manageable goals, you can execute. We are well into February and what better way to tighten up with laser-focused goals and a solid plan to implement new strategies that will you propel you into next quarter and beyond. It’s time to get to work not sit back and take a break, twiddling your fingers waiting on someone to come along to motivate and inspire you. NOW, is the perfect time to get ready to create a plan to rock 2017!
Are you ready?
Let me tell you why this is important and why you should use this time to be working diligently on and in your business – there is so much to do: research and implementation (rinse and repeat) What research do you need to look up and learn about your industry? From the research, what do you need to get rid of, tweak or implement? At the start of the year sometimes business can be slow as people are getting back into the swing of things. Don’t worry about that. Use this time to your advantage to plan and prepare. Use this time to get creative with your branding and marketing ideas/strategy on paper to attract more clients – high paying clients. Yes, I said it, wouldn’t it be awesome to double the amount of money you make and clients you serve in 2017? I know I’m not the only business owner who has said or thought I want to make more money or serve more clients – I want to make a huge impact in my industry, how I do business, how I show up for my clients, and ultimately how my clients do and view business as well – especially when it comes to their branding and marketing. And if you’re in business this is exactly how YOU should be thinking. The next move should be focused on what you need to do in order to make more money and get more clients, right? Let’s talk about it! Looking for recurring business and new loyal fans, followers, and clients should definitely be your number one goal. Your plan should be centered on fostering and building lasting relationships with those who interact with your brand first – get them more engaged. Let me give you a few ideas and pointers to consider and implement before the month is over to gear up for success in 2017.
1. Create a compelling message. A compelling message is critical. Make sure your offering a product or service that separates you from your competition. If you already have one sit with it and see if it has been resonating with your niche – has it brought you more clients? Do you need to tweak it? Do you need to change it altogether?
2. Make sure your service or product delivers value. Make sure you are using market research, polling your customers or potential customers asking great questions to give you the information you need to revise, change or no longer offer a specific product. This is key, do you honestly know what your niche wants or desires? Is your current offerings meeting their needs?
3. Always over deliver and under promise. Clients love this! Who doesn’t love unexpected surprises? How can you over deliver to your clients consistently to have them coming back for more and more?
4. Understand who your ideal customer is – your target market. Know what they want, what they are looking for, why they need your product, how they buy, and where they look for suppliers of your product or service. THIS IS CRITICAL… so many business owners are marketing to everyone and you cannot be all things to everyone. Industries evolve, clients expect more, are you delivering? Do you know what to deliver and do your audience know where to find you?
5. Promote, promote, promote! Make sure you are sharing your services/products via your compelling message. Meet your prospects where they are. If you’re not on social media where have you been? I meet so many businesses who don’t see the value in having an online presence but it’s not just about having a profile somewhere… are you consistently present? Are you building relationships? Are you providing value? If not you are doing a great disservice to your brand, products, services and your audience.
6. Use social media to reach your target market, together with other free promotional tools on the web. Get online and use these tools to your advantage. It doesn’t have to cost money but you will need to invest time.
7. Monitor the effectiveness of your promotion – whether the activities are generating leads and sales. Take note of this! How effective are your current promotions? Are they working? If not, you need to implement new offerings or strategy.
8. Offer excellent customer service to maintain customers and generate word of mouth referrals – always the best! It goes along way, you’ll be surprised how far excellent customer service can take you. Time is of the essence. Don’t let this month pass you by get busy! Take stock of where you are and where you’d like to be in 2017. Take action, there is no time like the present! If you need help resolving your branding and marketing frustrations once and for all click here.
Time is of the essence. Don’t let this month pass you by get busy! Take stock of where you are and where you’d like to be in 2017. Take action, there is no time like the present! If you need help resolving your branding and marketing frustrations once and for all click here.
Teanna LaNise is a Branding and Marketing Strategist for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners who can’t figure out how to brand and market their business. Through her bad ass branding expertise, marketing genius and get it done strategies she’s here to teach, inspire and shake up your approach to creating and marketing a brand you love. When she’s not using her creative super-powers you can find her curled up reading a book, at Starbucks enjoying a Carmel Macchiato or spending time with her children. If your ready to take your brand to the next level click here.